CAREER GRADE PAY SYSTEM
For years companies have relied on traditional job evaluation methods such as, job point factor, market pricing, whole job comparison, skills-based, etc. And, for the most part, these methods have worked well. However, things have changed. In today’s complex business environment, such previously-used approaches can be very costly, complex, and bureaucratic in nature while adding little or no value to the organization. In fact, their use may actually result in a company paying more for labor (thousands or millions) than is competitively necessary. This is why EP2S has developed and designed a new and innovative job evaluation method call EP2S Career Grade Job Evaluation System. This new system is a viable and cost-effective alternative to many of today’s traditional and time worn systems and methods.
WHAT IS EP2S CAREER JOB EVALUATION SYSTEM
It is a method of empowering and motivating employees by structuring, ranking and evaluating clearly defined “Career Grades” based on an employee’s demonstrated level of (1) Job Knowledge and Skills – leadership, managerial, analytical, technical, administrative, and clerical and (2) Job Accountability – authority, responsibility or discretion & independent judgment needed to proficiently perform the next Career Grade; normally with no minimum or maximum salary ranges; and for the purpose of managing employees’ career growth and pay while administering, controlling and reducing company’s labor costs.
HOW CAN EP2S CAREER GRADE JE SYSTEM ADD VALUE TO AN ORGANIZATION
- Structure and evaluate broadly defined jobs based on an employee’s demonstrated ability to perform the next “career grade”
- Enhance company’s ability to cut labor cost by thousands or millions without reducing headcount or employees’ pay
- System designed to support career development that benefits both company & employees
- System design to add simplicity and flexibility to job evaluation process while eliminating the need for numerous job descriptions
- System designed to supports company values as well as its business and human capital objectives
- System’s job evaluation process is designed to provide continuous training to both management and employees
- System promotes organization agility and flexibility during mergers and other major organizational changes
- System provides over 100% return on HR investment while producing a positive impact on the company’s bottom line
- Enhance company’s ability to attain and maintain internal pay equity
- Eliminate the need for job evaluation appeals, committees, or annual job audits for compliance purposes (FLSA, etc.)
- Eliminate “job creep”
- Eliminate overlap of supervisor and subordinates salary midpoints
The above only represents a few of many unique features of EP2S Career Grade Job Evaluation System that can add value to an organization while enhancing its ability to gain a competitive edge through its people.